At Dovetail Genomics, we build the most accurate and contiguous de novo assemblies available using our revolutionary combination of Chicago® in vitro proximity ligation, Dovetail™ Hi-C and Dovetail’s HiRise™ proprietary scaffolding software . We have assembled more than 800 genomes thus far and are excited to add even more to the Dovetail™ Tree of Life. Whether you are in need of a full de novo assembly or are looking to improve an existing assembly, we have a solution for you.
How to read the Dovetail™ Tree of Life
Step One: Genome Size
- First thing to recognize about the Dovetail™ Tree of Life is that there are two separate scales – the first one is located on the left side of the chart and measures genome size
- The genome size scale is in increments of 3 Kb (black lines) and is denoted by the thick grey bars
Step Two: Assembly Stats
- The second scale located on the right side of the chart is for assembly N50
- The assembly N50 scale is marked by the light grey lines and measures increments of 50Kb
- The three assemblies being measured by this scale are:
- Input assembly [dark blue bar]
- Chicago® + HiRise™ [green bar]
- Dovetail™ Hi-C + HiRise™ [tangerine bar]
- Note: Not all assemblies will have data for both Chicago® and Dovetail™ Hi-C if both technologies were not required to achieve optimal results for the project.
Now you’re ready to dive in! Click on the image to the left for the full PDF version of the Dovetail™ Tree of Life. Next, locate your organism of interest or a related organism on the tree image. Click on the organism name to go directly to the correct full stat and acknowledgment page.
*This is not a complete list of all Dovetail Genomics® assembly projects. This is solely the list of projects and data approved for sharing by our customers.