- Tailored approach to assembly using proven methodologies
- Designated Scientific Project Manager to answer questions and provide project guidance
- Usable genome assembly within 18 weeks of successful DNA extraction
- Highly accurate results that have been validated by multiple technology types
- Access to Dovetail’s proprietary service offerings and expertise
- High molecular weight DNA extraction
- Initial draft assembly construction (includes de novo library preparation, sequencing, and assembly performed using technologies from Pacific Biosciences)
- Dovetail™ library construction and sequencing (includes specialized combinations of our proprietary proximity ligation library preparation methods and sequenced on an Illumina sequencing system)
- Final full genome length assembly including informatics (scaffolding with our HiRise™ Assembly Pipeline and genome TAD analysis, when applicable)
PacBio de novo assemblies are created using PacBio SMRTbell libraries created in accordance with the manufacturers recommendation and sequenced on the Sequel II System.
Dovetail™ Omni-C™ Technology incorporates a sequence-independent endonuclease approach to chromatin fragmentation in the proximity ligation protocol.
The HiRise™ Scaffolding Pipeline uses the de novo assembly as an input. Multiple iterations are completed layering the use of the library sequencing data to provide a contiguous high-quality assembly.
When available, TAD analysis uses the data collected from the assembly to provide a view into chromatin 3-D architecture, including topologically associated domains (TADs).